1. Wash your face with soap and warm water to remove oils from the hair and skin
This will allow whisker softening to occur, making it easier for your razor to remove the hairs comfortably. Or, better yet, shave after a shower when your facial hair is fully saturated with water
2. Next apply a thick layer of shaving cream or gel and allow it to sit on your skin for a few minutes. This:
3. Remember to shave in the direction of hair growth.
Take your time and shave carefully over sensitive areas. For a closer shave, carefully shave against the grain of hair growth. Try Schick Hydro Sense that auto-adjusts while shaving. The unique technology backs off when too much pressure is applied and adds pressure when needed, letting you customise the balance of contact and pressure for your skin while helping to protect from irritation.
4. Immediately rinse with cold water
This will remove any remaining shave gel or cream and the cold water will help close your pores to reduce irritation or inflammation.
5. Complete your shaving regimen with an aftershave product to soothe sensitive areas
Skin can be irritated by the alcohol found in many aftershave splashes, so use an appropriate cream or gel aftershave product if you have sensitive skin.
Use a clean, sharp blade. Newer blades require less force to cut through the hair than dull blades. Since you don’t need much pressure with a new blade, you’ll reduce the risk of nicks and cuts.